Strawberry Fields Salad with juicy fresh strawberries, feta cheese, red onion, dried cranberries, bacon, grilled chicken, glazed pecans, and a sweet and tangy dressing is bursting with flavor. This is such a great salad for spring!
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed greens
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, recipe below
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
More delicious recipes :
- How to Make The Best-Ever Chicken Salad
- Super Easy Tuna Cakes with Jalapeño and Cilantro
- Best Roasted Parmesan Broccoli
To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients except oil. Gradually whisk in oil.
To make pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar, salt, and both peppers to a boil. Add pecans and stir for 30 seconds to coat well. Transfer to a baking sheet greased with butter. Bake 12-14 minutes.
In a large salad bowl, toss together greens, strawberries, onion, cranberries, feta cheese, chicken, bacon, and pecans.
Toss with desired amount of dressing.