Want to learn how to make seared scallops like a professional chef? This Seared Scallops and Cauliflower Rice Risotto recipe is my quick, keto-friendly take on one of my favorite restaurant meals! It’s the perfect easy keto comfort food dish that you might enjoy on a date night or special occasion.
- 1 lb jumbo scallops You can get these fresh or flash frozen or substitute shrimp
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb package of riced cauliflower ~4 cups of riced cauliflower
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut into small chunks (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions keep the green tips to use as a garnish
- 1 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream it has fewer ingredients and carbs than non-organic brands
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
*You could also substitute the scallops for shrimp
More delicious recipes :
- Quick and Easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Easy Oven Baked Parmesan Herb Crusted Salmon Recipe
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Copycat
- Creamy Summer Fresh Corn Zucchini Chowder
Bring a medium skillet to medium heat
Add salted butter, garlic, broccoli florets, and green onions to the skillet and cook until the broccoli pieces start to turn bright green (~3 minutes)
Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and continue to cook until the riced cauliflower is almost tender (~3 minutes)
Add remaining ingredients and stir until the parmesan cheese is well incorporated. Lower the heat so that the rice does not stick and cook until the cauliflower rice reaches your desired level of tenderness. Turn off the heat.
Pat the scallops with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top (about 1/4 tsp of each if you’re not sure about sprinkling)
Bring a frying pan to medium heat
Add butter and olive oil and wait for it to start to bubble.
Add scallops to the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and pan so that they do not continue to cook.
Add a large spoon of risotto to a plate. Top with scallops, green onions, and melted butter if you are being extra fancy.